We take security very seriously. Quaver safeguards all sensitive data the district shares with us, especially Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- We comply with FERPA, COPPA, and other federal and state laws protecting PII
- All data is encrypted in place in a firewalled database
- Files and information are transferred securely using https and sFTP
- PII is destroyed according to industry best practices when no longer in use
- Our servers and data storage devices are all located in the United States
- We do not use PII to market to any individual, or disclose that data to any third party groups
Quaver has never had a contract terminated for failure to comply with data security requirements.
Types of PII Quaver Collects
Quaver collects limited personally-identifiable information to best accommodate teacher and student use of our resources. Depending on the product configuration required, the information gathered may vary.
|Types of PII Collected||Required?||Furnished By||Purpose|
|Teacher username and password||Yes||Teacher||For access to Quaver teacher content|
|Teacher name (first, last)||Yes||Teacher or District||For display in application|
|Teacher email||Yes||Teacher or District||For Quaver to communicate when necessary|
|Teacher phone||Yes||Teacher or District||For Quaver to communicate when necessary|
|Student username and password||Yes*||Student or District||For access to Quaver student content|
|Student name (first, last)||Optional||District||For display in application. Particularly to help teacher's identify students in Quaver GradeBook.|
|Student email||Optional||District||Can be used as unique value to identify inbound Single Sign On user. Can be listed with student account for password reset purposes.|
|Student ID||Optional||District||Can be used as unique value to identify inbound Single Sign On user. Can be entered in Quaver GradeBook to help teachers identify students.|
*These data types are required only if students are to have individual user accounts. This is not a requirement to use the program.