Before you can deliver your roster files for production on QuaverMusic.com, you must provide the public IP address of the machine that will be delivering your roster files. Please provide this IP to the Quaver integrations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Connect via sFTP
Once we have whitelisted your IP address, we will reach out to your district IT agent and deliver sFTP connection credentials (domain, username, and password) via email. You should use these credentials to connect with Quaver’s server using sFTP. You may establish this connection using any capable sFTP client. Quaver operates on the default sFTP Port 22. A successful connection will open to your district’s root directory automatically.
Step 2: Deliver roster files
Locate the OneRoster files in your local file system and upload the OneRoster files to your root directory on the Quaver server. Ensure that all files are named exactly as specified prior to transfer, and verify that the transfer of each file completed successfully.
Please do NOT:
- Upload any extra files in the root directory
- Deliver a zipped file set
- Keep backup files in the root directory
Step 3: User testing
After your first file set is delivered to production, we will want to test with a Quaver teacher in the district to ensure that their rosters get built correctly when they go through the typical workflow. You should identify a teacher that currently uses Quaver and is willing to participate. The more responsive this teacher can be, the faster testing can proceed. Testing can be broken down into two phases:
- The teacher should log into Quaver using the district’s Single Sign On method. This allows us to connect a Quaver user account to a rostered teacher. The teacher must have already registered a Quaver content access code to their account. When the teacher first logs into Quaver using the SSO, they will see our account provisioning page. When prompted with the question “Do you want to use a pre-existing Quaver account?”, they must click Yes and enter their Quaver account credentials. Learn more about this account provisioning step.
- The roster for that teacher will be processed at the next processing event. This occurs overnight. If you wish to expedite this process, you can ask us to trigger a processing event manually. Either way, after the roster has processed the teacher should sign back in to the Quaver website and inspect their Quaver classes for accuracy. Report the results of the inspection to the Quaver team so we can address any issues. The teacher can access their Quaver GradeBook by following these steps:
Step 4: Scheduling regular file delivery
Once we verify that a teacher gets their classes via the established workflow, you can set up a recurring file transfer. You can submit updated file sets to the production server as often as daily. Keeping your files up-to-date ensures that teachers are always getting Quaver classes that match up with your district’s SIS data. We process files nightly, so be sure your file transfer has finished by 4:00AM Central Time.
Step 5: Release
Recall that an SSO integration must accompany a rostering integration. Thus before you release this functionality district-wide, we must confirm that:
- Both a Quaver teacher and student have logged into Quaver using the SSO link successfully.
- The Quaver teacher that logged in using the SSO link has seen his or her rosters appear correctly in Quaver.
Once we have confirmed that the SSO link and rosters are working properly, you can launch the functionality district-wide whenever you wish. You should notify your Quaver users when the functionality becomes available, and you are responsible for training your users how to access Quaver from your district’s system. You can share our account provisioning instructions with your district’s users in order to smooth their transition into using SSO to access Quaver.
Step 6: Support
Quaver will continue to support the rostering integration with your district throughout our contract term. We are committed to providing responsive support for our integrations, and will work with you to resolve any issues that may arise. If you need to alter your district’s SSO or rostering configuration at any time, please notify us prior to making any changes so that we can provide uninterrupted access for your Quaver users.
Note: This is especially true of changing your sourcedId schema, which will disrupt your users’ experience on QuaverMusic.com. Please notify us before you make sourcedId schema changes in your roster files.